Tuesday, December 14, 2004

3am and i wanna go to bed...

Ok. I had to post tonight/this morning because the Boston sports world has been turned absolutely upside down in the past 24 hours. I want to start off by saying that the two men I am going to discuss here, I believe, had some of the biggest impact on not only the Boston sports world, but their respective sports in general...

First off, Pedro. I have one gigantic question for Pedro...WHY? Listen, it is safe to say that he is the best pitcher to ever don a Red Sox Uniform, and he is past his prime, but c'mon petey, the Mets? That's like John Elway winning a superbowl in Denver and then saying "Alright, I finally got that ring, now my career would be complete if i could only play on the Bengals." I mean sure, the Mets pulled out all the stops and threw a four year (Do you really think Pedro has four more years as an Ace of a struggling staff in him? I don't), $56 Million dollar contract at him, but if you were him, wouldnt you say to yourself..."Hmm, i just broke an 86 year old curse (coming through on my claim to 'Wake up the Bambino and drill him in the ass'), I posted a 117-37 record with the Red Sox, I WON A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, and I was part of a team who's bond will never and can never be explained or copied, not tomention the 40 million dollars they are offering........buuuuut im gonna take the the mediocre team's offer instead." IS THE POSSIBILITY OF WINNING THE SERIES LESS IMPORTANT THAN THE MONEY NOW A DAYS?! Theres no other way i can explain it other than that. Mets fans face it, you're at LEAST 4 years away from a Championship, Piazza is so old he can't physically handle playing catcher anymore, youre biggest RBI producer last year was Richard Hidalgo (Let me repeat that...RICHARD HIDALGO) with 80 RBIs, and you're leading ERA guy, Al Leiter, one of my favorite personalities in baseball, signed with the Marlins. Sure a Glavine-Pedro 1,2 punch may look good on paper, but one of them is done before four years, guaranteed.

And now onto the saddest news I have heard from the New England Patriots in a long while. One of the greatest Offensive Coordinators in Patriots history, Charlie Weiss, is leaving the staff to be the head football coach at the University of Notre Dame. It was only a matter of time before either him, Romeo, or both got scooped up. Lets face it. This coaching staff has been one of the main reasons these guys have DOMINATED the rest of the league. Their combinations of coaching styles combined to take an injury-ridden, not extremely taleted team,and win 21 straight football games, including the biggest sports spectacle in the entire world, the Super Bowl, TWICE. These guys worked magic. Weiss' creative offenses won those Super Bowls without even a mediocre running game. To make a long story short, the man is a genius. And i do hope he does just as well there as he did here, cuzlets face it, the Irish need it...BAD.

Oh, and I hate Barry Bonds.
-N

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://jkvikqtp.com/hkkl/zdfp.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://bxvhlcwu.com/uvww/jrko.html]Cool site[/url]

September 9, 2006 at 12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

September 9, 2006 at 12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://jkvikqtp.com/hkkl/zdfp.html | http://vdxxexct.com/egio/etip.html

September 9, 2006 at 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home