Thursday, December 23, 2004

Ahh the Boston air...

The air is different here in the Hub, now that the hopes and dreams of every single living person in New England's hopes and dreams have been fulfilled. Its still amazing for me to see World Champions merchandise in stores STILL selling out. I love it.

BRING IT BACK

Now, onto my thoughts for the day...
Pats lost a MIND BLOWER tot he Dolphins Monday night. Good thing I wasn't in Philly for this or else I would have never heard the end of it. Friggan eagles fans. HOW'S T.O. DOIN? Yup that's right sit down. Sorry. Well needless to say, Tom Brady was awful. I have to say it was the worst performance of his career. Four interceptions. FOUR. Guy has the most accurate arm in the league, and throws four interceptions. He made piss poor decisions, and tried to take the game into his own hands in the end. Tom, remember that ball you threw on third down WHILE FALLING DOWN AND NOT KNOWING WHERE IT WOULD GO? Ya well the week before you did it, and completed the pass, but you said you wouldnt make the same mistake again. Way to be smart with the football. I ask you this. If you have the five point lead with like 1:50 left, wouldnt you take the sack, and punt it away? Put it in one of the best defense's hands? Against one of the worst offenses in the league? Wouldn't you want to pin them back in their own territory instead of giving the ball to them on the 25 yard line? I don't get the decisions he made. I don't understand them at all. Sorry Tom. It Just Wasn't your day.

Now onto the only highlight of my sports week so far. The Sox signed Matt Clement. Thank God. I couldn't deal with the fact that a fat Boston hater was going to be the number two behind The Messiah. It also (thank God) puts the possibility of a certain Byung Hyung creeping up into the rotation FAR behind us. We also signed Wade Miller, a very good pitcher, hounded by injuries last season. The Sox always carry a six man rotation going into the Spring, and it looks like Wade could be next year's Bronson Arroyo, picking up that 5th spot. He will definitely help too if Curt Schilling's ankle isn't ready for the Season opener. I hope this news quelled any fears that the Sox' front office might be going soft after the series win, I know that Steve is going to breathe a little easier. Well, Steve I think the entire Red Sox Nation will join you in that sigh of relief.


-N



ps. if any of you have HBO, try to catch their special called "Reverse of the Curse fo the Bambino." its amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home